Due to scheduled maintenance works on and around the Reserve the following days will be closed to ALL general Public and Guest Accommodation. We thank you for your understanding.
Light Tower (no tours at such time): Tuesday 14th May – 8.00am to 5.00pm
Entire Reserve: Monday 17th June – Thursday 20th June
Light Tower (no tours at such time): Friday 21st June – Tuesday 25th June
Night Light Tower Tours
Marking its 115th milestone, the Norah Head Lighthouse Reserve Management Board is offering the unique opportunity for the public to experience a Night Tour of the Light Tower. The tours will include informative talks on the history of the Lighthouse and its surrounding environs. Sure to inspire, intrigue and have you in awe, climb the 96 stairs to view spectacular coastline under starlit skies. At the top, you’ll reach the lantern room and experience the light beam doing its 30 second rotation. Coffee, tea and snacks will be provided following the tour.
Run by our dedicated Volunteers only pre-bookings will be accepted. With only a limited number per group, there will be no entry on the evening without prior confirmation. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
Book early, limit 20 people per tour. 1 Tour per month. Available through to October 2019 (except in June) Tour dates available:
Tour dates available:
- 5pm, Saturday 25th May 2019
- 5pm, Saturday 20th July 2019
- 5.30pm, Saturday 17th August 2019
- 6pm, Saturday 21st September 2019
- 7pm, Saturday 19th October 2019
|Children 10+||$10 each|
Tickets will be allocated to the first 60 callers for each date and are available by phoning:
Tracy – Reserve Manager on mobile 0452 564 102.
Payable by credit card at time of booking (no refunds).
Terms and conditions apply: Flat soled shoes must be worn for the tour. Children 10+ must be accompanied by an adult.
Norah Head Lighthouse Tours
Step back in time to feel what it was like to be a Lighthouse Keeper at Norah Head Lighthouse. Climb the 96 stairs and enjoy the 360 degree views from the tower balcony. Marvel at the optics prism and imagine polishing the 700 lenses of the prism. Learn about the duties of a Lighthouse Keeper. Learn how the light was originally operated, compared to how it works today. Hear the stories of shipwrecks in days gone by.
Operating Days and Times
- Operating hours are from 10:00am to 1:30pm.
- Norah Head Lighthouse is open for tours every day of the year (except ANZAC Day and Christmas Day).
- Duration of the tour is 30 minutes.
|Children 6 – 17 years||$5.00|
|Children under 5 years||Free|
|Family 2A + 2C||$20.00|
|Group Booking 10+||$5.00|
|Pre-booked School Groups||$4.00|
Payments accepted: cash, EFTPOS, Visa and MasterCard
- Bookings for under 10 people are not required as tour guides are always available to conduct your tour.
- The tour covers information about the Lighthouse Keepers’ duties, the history of the lighthouse, local shipwrecks, anecdotal stories and Aboriginal culture.
- Public toilets are available on the reserve.
- Norah Head Lighthouse welcomes all groups for guided tours, such as school groups, day care groups, vacation care groups, seniors, club groups and overseas tour groups. We can cater for all your needs.
For further information and/or bookings, please contact the Norah Head Reserve Managers on:
0452 564 102 and they can assist you with any enquiries.